Are you passionate about our state and want to give back to your community? Are you a people person and interested in the redevelopment of the Adelaide Riverbank? If you answered‘Yes’ then Renewal SA has a great opportunity for you!
We are looking for volunteers to assist our community through the revitalisation of our city spaces and to ensure people are able to access the city in the most efficient manner with minimal impact during our redevelopments. Renewal SA is calling for volunteers to assist the community in utilising temporary pathways from the Adelaide Railway Station to the Adelaide Oval and Adelaide Festival Centre during construction works. You will assist commuters by providing clear directions on how they can successfully and efficiently reach their destinations.
Volunteers are required to assist onsite at the Adelaide Railway Station and/or the surrounding Adelaide Riverbank area during peak times and / or key events fromThursday 8 December 2016 until Sunday 16 April 2017. Please refer to the position description for more details and submit your Expression of Interest to Renewal SA’s Volunteer Coordinator:
The Adelaide Riverbank is the heart of our vibrant city and is currently undergoing a significant redevelopment.
The role of the Adelaide Railway Station and Adelaide Riverbank volunteers is important in assisting commuters to have safe and easy access to new pathways.
Volunteers will assist the community in utilising temporary pathways from the Adelaide Railway Station to the Adelaide Oval and Festival Centre during construction works.
Friendly community minded people with excellent customer service skills will be guiding commuters with clear directions on how to successfully and efficiently reach their destinations.
• Volunteers must demonstrate good communication skills
• Volunteers must have a high level of customer service skills
• Volunteers must be friendly and approachable at all times
• Welcome commuters to the Adelaide Railway Station and Adelaide Riverbank, in a friendly manner
• Actively approach commuters and visitors to help direct them to new routes in exiting the train station and getting around the surrounding Adelaide Riverbank.
• Assist commuters with new routes to access the Adelaide Oval and / or Festival Centre
• Give wayfinding maps to the general public if requested or direct to wayfinding signage
• Direct public to the Adelaide Riverbank website for further information (theadelaideriverbank.com.au)
• Be familiar with exit, entry points and amenities available at the train station and close by
• Any other task as requested by the Volunteer Coordinator
The commencement of the Adelaide Railway Station and Adelaide Riverbank volunteer program will commence on Thursday 8 December, 2016. All volunteers will receive their weekly rosters in advance.
A three (3) hour shift is available from Monday through to Sunday, commencing at 8.00am, 11.00am, 2.00pm and 5.00pm.
If volunteers are unable to attend a rostered timeslot then they must contact the Volunteer Coordinator well in advance, so a replacement can be contacted.
Renewal SA will provide volunteers with bus or train tickets to attend their shifts. Please ensure you are familiar with the Adelaide Riverbank venues in the precinct.
Renewal SA will provide a food voucher to volunteers whilst on their shift, including bottled water
Renewal SA will provide official Adelaide Riverbank t-shirt and cap. Volunteers to wear their own denim or black trousers or knee length skirts. Closed in, flat comfortable shoes. Please note you will be standing for the entire duration of your three hour shift.